Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Priscilla Garror's Bio

 Hello my name is Priscilla H. Garror and I work in the Mobile County Public School system. I am a Retract Manager at Hankins Middle School in Theodore, Alabama. In my life time I have lived in Atmore, Alabama, Cedar Hills, Texas and Mobile,Alabama. I am a mother of two boys. I Have a 19 year old attending Grand Canyon University. My 12 year old is in the sixth grade at Pillians Middle School where so far he is having a great first two weeks. My major interest is becoming a romance novelist. I currently have six chapters already written. I choose the field of education because I love working with children and helping them achieve their goals.
     I love to read that has been a passion of mine since I was in middle school. I love to read Greek Mythology and romance novels by different authors. My favorite authors are Brenda Jackson, Francis Ray and Altonya Washington. Beautiful and talented authors who have achieved their ultimate goals. Discipline is what I do best. I can control a classroom with just my presence. The children love and respect me. They also know when I mean business. I love to cook and bake. I can cook anything and I find that baking relaxes me. I call it my me time. This is my short bio.

Randy Pausch Time Management

 In this video I learned that you have to have a plan. You should set you goals, prioritize them and then come up with a plan. Stop wasting time plan to do your assignments and don't put off what you have plan to do.Randy Pausch stated that "fail to plan is planning to fail." If you don't have a plan to get through life than you are going to fail. You must plan out your future and go by that plan. Do not deviate from your plan because you can get side tracked and mess up the plan.
     He also stated that you should "do the ugliest thing first." if it is something that you really don't want to do, do it first. Don't prolong the inevitable. Its has to be done so do it and get it over with. The more you sit and wait to do something the more you are not going to want to it. Then you can start on the things you enjoy doing. And time will go faster as you will be enjoying what you do. Stop wasting time and get to it is my motto.

1 comment:

  1. You know it is so refreshing to see that I am not the only one managing school and a household as well. I commend you on taking that challenge and love that you also like to write. I am working on writing my first book and it is kind of a poke at people's everyday lives. I think the best way to deal with the world we live in is to laugh and make fun of it! Everything is so serious and stressful and you wonder why so many people have stress related health problems. So good luck with your pursuit and I look forward to seeing us all progress through this very challenging course.

    ReplyDelete